If you are not familiar with BOHC Summer Hockey, we have 12 teams (each made up of players from all 8 divisions) playing 22 games from April 25th through the second week of September, with almost all games on Wednesday nights. There are no standings and no playoffs, but there is a tonne of fun to be had meeting players from all other divisions.
Currently registered BOHC members will receive an email blast with a personalized Summer Hockey registration form, but a generic form is also available for download from BOHC.ca and printouts are available at Hectors.
Please note that this form is separate from the registration form for next Winter’s hockey registration.
- The price this Summer for fulltime is $285.
- Registration is payable by cheque, Visa or Master Card only. Credit cards will be accepted (at no extra charge), and credit card information can be included on the application. There is a locked box for the applications in the club to protect the privacy of the credit card info. We will not process payment until fulltime status is confirmed.
- Fulltime spots will be filled first by those who were fulltime last Summer, and then by overall club seniority.
- Registration will close Saturday, March 25th at 5:00 PM at Hectors, which will be open Saturday for last minute registrations. THERE WILL BE NO EXCEPTIONS
- Note that you must also be registered for the upcoming Winter 2018-19 season (FT or pool) by and be a member in good standing in order to remain eligible to play 2018 Summer Hockey. Winter registration starts after Summer registration.
- There is no charge to sign up as a pool player, just the $15 per game fee (skaters & goalies). Pool players can sign up using the registration form or the signup list at the club. It is very important that we know the quickest and best method to contact pool players. Email is preferred, but we do our best to accommodate players who prefer text, cell phone, home phone or office phone as well.
- The first games will be Wednesday, April 25th and will be played every Wednesday April through August with the final three game nights in the first two weeks of September (schedule is still being finalized)
- Every applicant must sign the waiver on the registration form.
SUMMER REGISTRATION FORM
If you are interested in being a Summer captain, please email me at Summer@BOHC.ca.
We are also looking for pool convenors, again please email me at Summer@BOHC.ca if interested.
This marks our 14th season of Summer Hockey thanks to Peter Austin & Gary Downer growing it from 4 teams to the current 12 over the first 10 years – your Summer Hockey convenors intend to keep this tradition of fun fair play going for many years to come.